The East End is typically renowned for boat diving, however there are a few sites out here that can be dived from shore, there is no shore diving directly from the beach at the Compass Point Dive Resort.
The sites that can be dived from shore are typically for the more advanced “adventure” diver, there is no direct ladder access or marked entry points at the sites. East End shore diving typically involves walking over iron shore and then a large swim out as they are also boat dives. Access, entry and site selection would be determined by wind direction.
The following are the particulars of our shore diving rental policy:-
1. Rental is until 5:00pm the next day ....no matter what time the tank is taken out. This constitutes 1 full day's rental. eg: a tank is rented out at 9:00 am on Monday , it is due back at 5:00 pm on Tuesday. Tank rented at 4:30pm on Monday, it is due back at 5:00pm on Tuesday.
2. Cost of 1 day's tank rental is $15 USD for an air tank, $20 for a nitrox tank. If nitrox is rented out, renter must analyze and sign nitrox record.
3. Cost of weight belt rental is $5 per day and 1 day is defined as above.
4. The tank can be re-filled as many times as possible within that 1 day's rental period for $10 air, $15 nitrox. 5. No refund/credit on unused breathing gas.
6. Shore tanks limited to 20 air tanks.
7. All equipment has to be physically checked in by Ocean Frontiers personnel. Un-returned tanks charged at $200 each, weight belts $50 each 8. One tank per c-card. NO SOLO DIVING!!
Shore Diving on the West side on Grand Cayman typically requires that you rent tanks from the onsite dive shop at the shore diving location.
For directions, weather, conditions, maps- just check with the front desk at the dive shop and you'll find us happy to help.